MARINE SCIENCE INSTITUTE
MARINE CAMP COUNSELOR
Marine Science Institute is a non-profit environmental education organization. We offer hands-on programs that excite and enlighten students about marine science. We seek qualified Marine Camp Counselors for ten weeks of summer sessions. MSI is located in Redwood City, CA on the San Francisco Bay.
This is a seasonal, full-time position from June 2013—August 2013
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 – 10 hours a day.
Salary: based on experience
Under supervision of the Education Staff, Counselors will:
- Help lead activities, games, arts and crafts, and songs.
- Aid in providing an understanding of marine topics.
- Assist Instructors in the overall supervision of campers.
- Chaperone field-trips.
- Set-up and breakdown activities.
- Keep inventory of supplies up to date.
- Organize and supervise extended care activities at MSI.
- Possess current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Currently attending, or accepted to a 4-year college
- Reliable transportation.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and leadership skills.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Ability to see projects through to the end.
- Willingness to get wet and muddy in the field.
- Camp experience and a second language helpful!
Application deadline: March 1, 2013
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and employment application with at least two references to:
Marine Science Institute
500 Discovery Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94063
Attn: Felicia Van Stolk
(650) 364-2760 x19
Find employment application on our website.
http://sfbaymsi.org/aboutus/Jobs.html *Open until filled