MARINE SCIENCE INSTITUTE
MARINE CAMP INSTRUCTOR
Marine Science Institute is a non-profit environmental education organization offering hands-on programs that excite and enlighten students about science. We are seeking qualified Marine Camp Instructors for ten weeks of summer sessions. MSI is located in Redwood City, CA on the San Francisco Bay.
This is a seasonal, full-time position beginning June 2013 and ending August 2013
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8 – 10 hours a day.
Salary: based on experience
- Inspire excitement, personal achievement and cooperation in campers.
- Supervise campers and monitor their safety at MSI, during field trips, and as crew aboard the Institute’s research vessel.
- Provide an understanding of marine science topics such as adaptations, local habitats, food webs, and human impact.
- Lead activities, games, and songs.
- Evaluate and supplement current curriculum.
- Help keep an inventory of supplies.
- Support the training and development of Camp Counselors and Volunteers.
- BA or BS in marine science, biology or related field.
- Possess current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Reliable transportation.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, and leadership skills.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Ability to see projects through to the end.
- Willingness to get wet and muddy in the field.
- Camp experience and a second language helpful!
Application deadline: March 1, 2013
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and employment application with three references to:
Marine Science Institute
500 Discovery Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94063
Attn: Felicia Van Stolk
(650) 364-2760 x19
*Open until filled