The Marine Science Institute is a non-profit science and environmental education organization offering hands-on programs that excite and enlighten students about marine ecosystems. The Institute is seeking qualified instructors to teach programs to students of all ages. MSI is located in Redwood City, CA on the San Francisco Bay.
This is a paid position with fixed work days (including Saturdays), averaging 30-40 hours per week, starting pay rate is $14.50/hr.
* Formal degree (Marine Biology, Education, or related field) or equivalent experience.
* Experience in teaching and/or public speaking.
* Must be physically fit, able to lift heavy equipment, stand for long periods and work outdoors in a wet and muddy environment.
* Reliable transportation.
* Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Marine Educator Position Responsibilities:
* Present science curriculum through inquiry based learning and hands-on activities.
* Teach school, membership, and birthday programs that are presented at MSI's facility, bay area schools, educational events and other outdoor facilities.
*Provide a safe and positive learning environment.
*Properly handle live aquatic organisms and artifacts.
*Maintain educational equipment, company vehicles and facility grounds.
*Continuously update their knowledge of Marine Ecology, Ichthyology, Plankton, Benthic Ecology, Physical Oceanography and current events of the San Francisco Bay Estuary and the Pacific Ocean.
To apply please submit the above Employment Application Form, resume, cover letter and three references to:
Marine Science Institute
500 Discovery Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94063
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com